If you are a blogger or run an online business , you must be knowing well about SEO – Search engine optimisation. Few other terms related to blogging or any online websites are Alexa rank , Moz rank , Domain Authority that every blogger must know.
I was totally unaware about all these terms till I joined Super Blogger Challenge 2018. During the twitter chats and live session and many tutorials I learnt that blogging is not all about writing online but has a technical aspect too if you want to achieve some goal through your writing.
In this post , I am going sharing few technical aspects , apps that has helped me to grow on various social media platforms and get more traffic and views from search engines.
Be friendly with these blogging terms
To know how successful is your blog and where does it stand in the competition of internet era you should have these numbers in your hand.
- Domain Authority – Domain Authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score. Lower the rank , better is your website score.
- Page Authority – Page Authority how your page appears in varios search engines. Page authority uses a 0 to 100 logarithmic scale. A high Page authority score means your page has the potential to rank well in search engine results
- Moz Rank – MozRank is a web link popularity score and shows how popular your website is on the Internet. MozRank is from number from 0 to 10. Websites having 0 mozrank are least popular and 10 mozrank are most popular. But generally average mozrank 3 is considered good for every site.
You can check these three scores of your website or any other competitive websites through https://smallseotools.com/domain-authority-checker/ this. You have to just enter the url. It is a free tool.
- Alexa Rank – It is rank that shows where is your website on this web of internet in the world. In other words , Alexa rank is a measure of website popularity. It ranks millions of websites in order of popularity, with an Alexa Rank of 1 being the most popular. Check Alexa rank of your website here https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo
- SEO Grade – You can also check in which grade your website falls according to SEO. It also gives a free report of your website. You can do few changes and improve your score. Click and enter your website to check your SEO grade.
My tagline was having lots of characters. The moment I changed , My score got improved. Some of the images on my blog are not having alt tag. This week I have planned to do enter the keywords to all the images. I was not aware about this important aspect before the joining of Super Blogger Challenge 2018.
Check out all these numbers before and after participating in any blogging Challenge. You will see they drastically improve. Otherwise also These are important as you can regularly check how your website is performing amongst the millions of websites.
These are few things I have learnt last year during Super Blogger Challenge and thought to share it with all my readers. Now I can say I have grown my blog in 10 weeks of that Blogging challenge.
Apps to use for blogging :
Canva is best app to customise the free designs according to your need. There is variety of templates available for every social media. It works best for Twitter, Pinterest and other social platforms too. Even you can design better Instagram stories too.
Picsart is good for editing the photos , making collage , creating gifs etc. There are number to tools which can completely give a new look to your photos.
Preview app is good for scheduling your instagram post. There are many hashtags categories available. You can choose one or more than one for your post. You can do reposting too
Buffer is for a nice scheduling app for your Twitter and Instagram too. I schedule my tweets for the time when I am asleep as half if the world has the day. This saves your time too.
Join some good blogging communities like Indiblogger, Blogchatter, Womensweb etc to get more exposure.
Super social biz keeps you updated by providing new ideas , concepts and blogging challenges and how to create brand value for your website. Do join Twitterchats hosted by Super social biz to get connected with more bloggers and extend your community.
Do attend blogging events organised time to time. You can get the information by email subscription of different blogging communities mentioned there. It is great to be a part of it. I remember the WordPress birthday Event I attended last year.
These tips are not only for Super Blogger Challenge 2019 but for all those who are in the beginning stage if blogging. I must thank Dr Bushra and Dr Amrita( check out their website mentioned towards the end of my post ) who are working hard to bring all the bloggers together under one roof and impart the free knowledge about all these concepts of blogging and giving wings to our passion for blogging. This year hoping to learn more about incorporating keywords in blog post and monetization of our blogs.
Check out my last year’s 10 week entries here –
HAVE A LOOK AT MY 10 WEEK jOURNEY
This article is written as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com https://healthwealthbridge.com/health/ , Allaboutthewoman.com https://allaboutthewoman.com/woman-health/and powered by Instacuppa https://instacuppastore.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge is not responsible for any infringement caused.”