“Good morning , Sir ”
I looked at her face.
Her flaunting eyes, wicked smile ,a beautiful black dress , a purse of Gucci and a solitaire ….these were few things I remember about her when I saw her today in my office. She was sitting with others to give interview for the post of receptionist.
No more diamonds or Gucci but her charm had undergone no change.
When and how the life can take a turn, no one knows. I parlayed my writing skills to reach higher in life for which she once denied .
I moved towards my office thinking about this second chance.
Jaunty music jiggles my heart
Imbibes a passionate feel
Gets me into strange magic
Gorgeous! She enters….
Love has to happen
Endless, everflowing,sacred love….!!!!
I was looking for him but he was nowhere .Suddenly I reached at his Hideout“.
Few colours fallen on the ground, few brushes lying here and there. I have never seen him doing painting. When a person is so expressing with words then what does it stand for?? This question was striking my mind again and again.
I was about to fall as I felt something hard on my foot.Damn…it was a beautiful painting of a boy who was of his age walking with a graceful lady in mid -age and a man looking tough standing far away.
It took me a minute to understand what does loneliness means which can’t be expressed verbally in this world.
Recently I read a poem “Seven Ages of Man” by William Shakespeare. It is an excerpt from his play ‘As You Like It‘.In this poem he has beautifully explained the role of Man on the stage of life.He has explained the seven different roles which are performed by a man during his life.
In a same way I feel that Parenting too undergo changes with time.
- Feeling of parenthood starts well before the child comes to this world. Getting ready to welcome the new member of the family.
- Stage two starts as soon as the hands feel the touch of human life. Sleepless tiring nights, Frequent nappy change, long feeding hours, beautiful prams ….
- There comes the stage -to be like a child. Playing games Carrom,ludo, snakes and ladders ,watching cartoon movies, Getting wet in the rain….
- Now the most crucial role to be played….as friend, being parents of a teenager. The one who plays this well is the most successful parent. Here is a chance to manage the so-called Generation – gap by being friendly to your teenager and understanding the need of his age.
- After completing that long difficult phase comes -to be supporter.You have to give your support to your grown-up in taking important decision of his life. Suggestions can be given when asked but be ready if not accepted.
- In this stage you have to just observe (being observer) whatever happens in your child’s life (rather a grown-up ) which is now ready to go through the same cycle as you have gone through.
- And , at the last …just a feeling of being parents as you had in the beginning but the only difference now is ,they are away. …….Enjoying their parenthood…..but few lucky ones get the second innings too…to be grandparents!!!
Sometimes when I feel sad, low , depressed and stressful, this question strikes my mind and I become restless to find the answer.
I run here and there and struggle with my inner soul to reply me. I hear no voice…What I observe is a period of silence.
Again, I give a try to speak to it but it pretends to be deaf and dumb.
Irritated with such a proud attitude, I decided to be away and moved out of my room.
With frowing face and stamping my feet in anger , I sat on my chair near my door. The world seemed still to me.
Sitting in bright sunshine , I felt as if all my queries are melting like an ice and flowing into an endless river of thoughts…
Colourful birds chirping on the trees ….
Squirrels running up and down….
Chilldren playing and swinging…..
A little boy riding on a bicycle..
Vast blue sky, the soil,the air….
Beautiful flowers in my garden
As if they are telling me…
YES , IT IS HAPPINESS
IT IS ALL AROUND US
IT IS WITH IN US
IT LIES IN EVERY MOMENT OF LIFE
JUST WE NEED IS TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH
AND LOOK AROUND….
AND FEEL IT…..!!!!!